What sort of attention would you like your project to receive?
- Proofreading: This is the easiest type of editing. Proofreading is about getting rid of the cosmetic errors. It is usually the last step in the writing/editing process. It’s not meant to be comprehensive; when we are proofreading, we aren't so much re-working text or re-arranging content. Proofreading is about doing a last run-through to catch surface problems with the content.
- Copyediting: Copyediting is about improving style, format, and accuracy. It's about making sure there aren’t inconsistencies and that the style flows well—in addition to everything being grammatically correct. During copyediting we double-check accuracy and take care of grammatical issues, adjust awkward flow and re-work some of the text, and re-structure some paragraphs as needed.
- Content editing: When we are involved in content editing, the work is much more intensive. We might need to add things that were left out or have the author re-write sections of content. This takes copyediting to the next level and can include some level of content creation along with making corrections. This level also includes plot and consistency comments.
The total price will most often be estimated per word or per double-spaced page and determined by the amount of time you give us to do it. Though individual circumstances may vary for each project, below is an average per-page pricing rate for our editorial services:
- Proofreading: $1.81 per 250-word page or US$0.00725 per word
- Copyediting: $2.00 per 250-word page or US$0.008 per word
- Content editing: $2.31 per 250-word page or US$0.00925 per word
Pricing really is something we like to determine individually, consulting with each author about his or her specific editorial needs. Below are some examples of prices for editorial service regarding two different documents:
Example draft of 30,000 words in need of copyediting:
30,000 words (about 120-page MS) x $0.008 = $240Example draft, 50-page manual in need of proofreading:
50 pages x $1.81 = $90.50We will gladly expedite your project for an additional cost, ranging from 10–20% of your total, depending on the deadline and the type of project. Contact us with details about your project for an estimate.
Take a minute to fill in our Interest Form, or you can email us directly at email@example.com. We look forward to polishing your project.